Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Here we go.....

For the past 6 months, I have been overly anxious for Braden to start doing new "tricks" as my friend Emily calls them. I could not wait until the day he could hold his own bottle, eat baby food, roll over, talk, etc. I guess there is a reason they say to be careful what you wish for. Yesterday morning we awoke to Braden's first words : Mama and Baba (I can't say I am disappointed to have made the list!) He added "dada" to his repertoire today and I'm sure there will be more to come. We are very proud that amidst the aftermath of a 3 week+ lingering ear infection, he still managed to accomplish such a milestone with a smile on his face (most of the time).

Alas, we have begun the downhill spiral that is childhood development, and while I am super excited to watch the little guy reach so many different milestones, I know that there is no turning back now. Gone are the days of the silent, sleepy baby that did little more than eat and poop. We are now onto bigger and better things, which means busier and busier days for us. I have said many times over that I can't quite figure out how time flew so fast. I can't believe that I thought I was tired all the time before I had him. I wish I knew then what I know now. I'm pretty sure childbirth and parenting is the official definition of tired, and I'm sure any parent out there would agree. Braden is starting to talk, soon will be crawling, walking, running.....oh man, I'm tired just thinking about it.

My newest obstacle to overcome? How I can be running around after this child, working, working out and watching what I eat and still manage to gain 1/2 a pound this week?? Strange....

No comments:

Post a Comment