Friday, January 22, 2010

Being sick stinks :(

Upon rolling out of bed this morning, I immediately knew it wasn't good. My body ached, I was freezing cold and burning up at the same time.....yuck. I thought getting up and taking a shower would help get me out the door to work, but unfortunately I only felt more sick as time went on. Being sick is one of those things that makes me feel like a kid again. I want my mom or dad to call me, ask how I am, and when I say "not good" bring me soup and 7up and make me better.

I guess you know you are an adult when you call home and say "yeah, I had a 102 temp today" expecting some form of sympathy, and your mother replies with a very prompt, "well, you'll be fine." Yes, I know I am fine, I will be fine, but when I feel as yucky as I did today, I want someone to come and say "you poor baby."

I guess that's what husbands are for. Mine is one of the best, and called home several times throughout the day to check up on me and make sure I was okay. He is currently at Panera, getting me a chicken noodle soup remedy. Hopefully it all works, cause I'd really like to enjoy my girls night out tomorrow night. I'm trying really hard to get better fast.

Braden makes it hard to feel too sick, either. No matter how I feel, he always gives me that big huge "hi mom!" smile whenever he sees me for the first time in a while. I feel much better after seeing him and after a day of rest. Let's hope it's what the doctor ordered! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment