Monday, January 11, 2010

Back on the workout train!

Yes, I finally am back on it, and in full force. I am determined to lose these last 5 or so pounds I have left from pregnancy and then some. We leave for our San Antonio/San Diego vacation in T minus 8 weeks and I would like to be willing to at least leave the hotel room in a swimsuit by then.

I really don't understand why getting back on the wagon this time around seemed to take so much more time and effort than ever before. Yes, I know, I just had a baby, but for some reason I think it has been less of a physical thing and more of a "I've got an excuse so I'm going to use it" thing. In fact, I am pretty sure most of the 42 pounds I gained throughout the pregnancy were a result of that excuse also! I swore up and down I would not be one of "those" women who just eats because she can, but in the end, Braden wanted to eat and I did too, so I willingly obliged.... probably not my best decision ever. But, nonetheless, the weight is here so getting rid of it is definitely my biggest goal at the moment.

And anyone reading this, PLEASE hold me accountable to gaining only 20 or less pounds next time around. I don't know if having 2 at home will be as conducive to a workout regimen as it is now. And for all those out there curious....no, there will not be another one anytime in the near future. No worries there.

No comments:

Post a Comment