Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wow

This weekend Kelly, Brett and I headed off for the NVHS Class of 2000 reunion celebration. We had an awesome time catching up with everyone (and explaining how Brett and I 'happened' to many) and in some ways, it truly felt like high school was yesterday. While I was two years younger, I knew many of the older and of course, "cooler" 2000 grads from swimming, student council, choir, etc. and I have met many more since Brett and I got together. So, last night I thankfully didn't feel like the odd man out.

As I drove everyone home, I got to thinking about the difference 10 years makes. 10 years has given all of us a lot of things, but most mentionable: hair straighteners (thank god!), tact, fashion sense, our own money, no curfews, life experiences, jobs, kids and above all, perspective. What ten years has not given us: maturity (as evidenced by my car full of screaming 28 year olds with incessant demands to stop at Taco Bell-haha!), a better physique (at least for Brett and I), a better rebound time (as evidenced by my severely dragging household this evening). In many ways, I still feel like Kelly's naive, dorky kid sister, and then I look in the mirror and realize I'm someone's mother. Crazy how life happens without us even knowing it. Wow. We're old!

No comments:

Post a Comment