Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Go, Go, Cardio!

This week is officially Day 2 of week 3 on my daily (or at least week-daily) workout track. I feel awesome and am already seeing a huge difference in my endurance. It has been a while since I've be able to be consistent in the gym, and with B enjoying himself in the Kids Klub (FINALLY!) I'm able to really hunker down and focus on my goals.

I never before have thought of the gym as something I enjoy doing. Its always been more of another required task on my laundry list of things to do, that I may or may not get done. Luckily, being a stay-at-home mom has really changed that outlook. I now plan my days around working out, not vice-versa. I know that I need to make it to the gym to allow myself to be healthier and a better mom, and I get a bonus by having a free 2 hours to myself each day.

I have noticed that my clothes are already starting to fit better, and I am starting to drop the poundage- 4 to be exact. I'd like to lose about 15 more pounds by Jan 1. I figure that at a rate of 1-2 lbs per week, I can easily achieve this goal. Granted, being at home makes snacking and eating junk much more tempting, but luckily between chasing around Mr. B, cleaning up toys, meals, etc and keeping up with the laundry and other house work, its tough to let snacking get the best of me. Believe it or not, I think I am busier now than I was while I was (gasp!) employed!

I am making it a goal to keep my working out up over those dreaded winter months when everything is dead, and leaving the house seems like the worst idea in the world. After all, I have a wedding to be in, in June and I refuse to be the 'fat bridesmaid.' Last year, I most certainly was (even though I was 8.5 mo pregnant), and I will not do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment