Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Uh oh, Here Comes Braden!

Watch out, world. The littlest Meurer is most certainly on the move, and only weeks (maybe days) away from walking. He is pulling up on everything in sight, crawling faster than I can catch and is rather proud of himself for doing all of the above. He is also quite easily engrossed in television and books and has absolutely fallen in love with 'Thomas' and 'Chica', two PBS shows that we have playing 'on demand' quite often.

Today, when I got home from work, he was so involved in watching TV, that he didn't even realize I had walked in the door. When he finally did, he crawled as fast as he could over to me, smiling and giggling the whole way, following his charade with a great big hug.

Moments like that are why I love being a mom. There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING like the look on that little boy's face when he sees me or Brett. We get the same reaction first thing in the morning, when we pick him up from daycare, or whenever he catches a glimpse of us from across the room (whether its been 5 seconds or 5 hours since we last saw). No matter what I have dealt with throughout the day, he has the ability to make everything better with that one little toothy grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment